I realize it has been some time since I have posted anything on this blog. So long in fact, I am not sure blogging is even a thing anymore. But I am quickly reaching a milestone in my life, my sixty-fifth birthday.
When the dimes run out?
I admit there are a lot of things I don’t understand in life, and lately, with this pandemic, it’s truer than ever.Continue reading
Watching the morning local news (yes, I know calling it news is a stretch), I have been struck by several random thoughts and questions concerning the current state of affairs in the country.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Disney World in Florida is reopening. You must have your temperature taken when you enter the park. Is your temperature taken before or after you pay the admission fee?
- Here in Massachusetts, we will now be able to vote by mail. Does anyone else foresee a whole bunch of late-arriving ballots after the November election? Where will they be found – the Post Office, the mailroom at your city or town hall, some random mail carriers postal truck?
- Here is some typical Democrat logic: Because the ballots will be hand-written, there will be no chance of fraud. Think about that for a minute.
- When do we see the new color for the Executive Mansion in the District of Columbia?
- Now that we have the “new normal” what exactly was the “old normal”?
- Since anyone can be offended by any sports team name, I suggest we give all teams gentle names such as the names of flowers. There is something pretty intimidating about the New England Daisies, don’t you think?
- It seems that Massachusetts is going to take over the operation of the Bourne and Sagamore bridges from the Army Corps of Engineers. How soon after the change will the Electronic Toll Collectors be installed?
- Seems the Government wants to not allow people to use apps from China such as TikTok, (whatever the hell that is). They are afraid that users’ information will be collected by the Chinese Communist Party. I sure am glad our government doesn’t collect any personal information about us from social media.
- Finally, there are two stories on Boston 25 News this morning. One on how the “T” is adding bus express lanes to some of the city streets to make the commutes quicker and encourage more people to ride the bus and decrease vehicles on the roads.. The second is how the “T” is not doing enough to stop the spread of COVID, which when you think about it is encouraging fewer people to take the bus and use their cars.
So there you have it, some random thoughts from watching the morning news for a mere 60 minutes.
Please feel free to share and comment. It will certainly encourage me to get back into writing again.
I used to write a lot, now, not so much. I guess I haven’t had much to say. Either that or no one seems to listen. But it is time to dust of the old keyboard and say what’s on my mind. I’m scared of this coronavirus. Continue reading
The other day as I was spending time behind the dirty windshield, I happened to notice something you just don’t see any more. Attached to the wall of an abandoned building was a real, honest-to-goodness payphone.Continue reading
With less than two weeks until Christmas Day, I thought I would share some random thoughts about the season. It doesn’t feel much like Christmas, after all, we have been listening to Christmas music since Halloween.Continue reading
I don’t spend a lot of time on Facebook for numerous reasons. This post is going to briefly talk about one in relation to another subject. I saw a post the other day on the page of a local group that is concerned with local issues. Someone posted a question asking if there are any homeless shelters in town. (The answer is yes, there is one but it is full and has a waiting list.) It wasn’t the question that bothered me, but the answers.Continue reading
As the tag line at the top of this blog states, this is a place where I put random thoughts and ideas. On this day after Thanksgiving as I sit in a turkey-induced fog, what better time for me to share some of these.Continue reading
We have all heard the expression “A picture is worth a thousand words”. Here are a few recent pictures I’ve taken during my wanderings and my thoughts as to what they say to me. Not to worry though, I will only use one word. Feel free to let me know what they say to you.Continue reading
Don’t you wish life was like a digital camera? I have recently taken up a new hobby, photography. I spend my free time walking around, sometimes through the woods, sometimes around town, taking pictures of things I see. You may have seen some of these pictures on this blog or my Flickr page. I’ve noticed the more pictures I take, the better I seem to be getting.Continue reading