I started thinking about how much my political view of the world has changed in the last ten years or so. It’s been a gradual thing, like getting older. You don’t realize you’re getting old until, bang, you can’t move as fast as you used to.Continue reading “Sometimes You Need to Rethink Things”
Watching the morning local news (yes, I know calling it news is a stretch), I have been struck by several random thoughts and questions concerning the current state of affairs in the country.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Disney World in Florida is reopening. You must have your temperature taken when you enter the park. Is your temperature taken before or after you pay the admission fee?
- Here in Massachusetts, we will now be able to vote by mail. Does anyone else foresee a whole bunch of late-arriving ballots after the November election? Where will they be found – the Post Office, the mailroom at your city or town hall, some random mail carriers postal truck?
- Here is some typical Democrat logic: Because the ballots will be hand-written, there will be no chance of fraud. Think about that for a minute.
- When do we see the new color for the Executive Mansion in the District of Columbia?
- Now that we have the “new normal” what exactly was the “old normal”?
- Since anyone can be offended by any sports team name, I suggest we give all teams gentle names such as the names of flowers. There is something pretty intimidating about the New England Daisies, don’t you think?
- It seems that Massachusetts is going to take over the operation of the Bourne and Sagamore bridges from the Army Corps of Engineers. How soon after the change will the Electronic Toll Collectors be installed?
- Seems the Government wants to not allow people to use apps from China such as TikTok, (whatever the hell that is). They are afraid that users’ information will be collected by the Chinese Communist Party. I sure am glad our government doesn’t collect any personal information about us from social media.
- Finally, there are two stories on Boston 25 News this morning. One on how the “T” is adding bus express lanes to some of the city streets to make the commutes quicker and encourage more people to ride the bus and decrease vehicles on the roads.. The second is how the “T” is not doing enough to stop the spread of COVID, which when you think about it is encouraging fewer people to take the bus and use their cars.
So there you have it, some random thoughts from watching the morning news for a mere 60 minutes.
Please feel free to share and comment. It will certainly encourage me to get back into writing again.
Is Atlas finally shrugging? After our emergency alert from the president yesterday I am beginning to wonder.
The more things change. Now that I am semi back from my self-imposed writing exile I think I will throw out some random thoughts. So much hasn’t happened since I stopped writing regularly.
The more they stay the same. Today I spent some time looking at some of the blogs I created over the past years. The most popular one was called “It’s Clear as Mud” which doesn’t appear to exist anymore. Probably because I didn’t renew the domain name. I also wrote the “Sturbridge Tea Party” blog. Both of these were mostly about politics.